Kay Robertson is the revered matriarch of the Robertson family and star of Duck Dynasty. For almost five decades, she’s been keeping Phil and her boys from spending too much time in the woods by bringing them back to civilization with a home cooked meal.
Her new cook book, Duck Commander Kitchen Presents Celebrating Family And Friends, a savory new collection of recipes, gives you and your family plenty of reasons to sit down together and share a meal, love, and laughter. This recipe is something fun that your kids or grandkids can help you make.
Paper Cup Strawberry Popsicles (Makes 8 servings)
• 2 pounds very ripe fresh or thawed frozen strawberries, caps removed
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
• cooking spray
• In a large bowl, crush the berries. Stir in the sugar and let sit until the berries release some juice, about 30 minutes. Pour into a blender, add the lemon juice and corn syrup, and puree.
• Coat eight 6-ounce paper cups with cooking spray. Divide the strawberry mixture among the cups. Cover the top of each cup with a double thickness of foil. Make a small slit in the center of the foil with the tip of a paring knife. Insert a wooden popsicle stick into each slit, using the foil to hold it in place.
• Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and preferably overnight. Discard the foil. Snip the edge of the paper cups with scissors and then peel away the paper. Serve at once.