Seven Things Your Pet Wants You To Know
- Your dog doesn’t like being hugged. When you hug a dog it feels restrained and that makes it feel stressed out.
- Your cat doesn’t like getting its belly rubbed. When a cat shows you its stomach it means it trusts you. When you touch that stomach you are betraying that trust.
- That dead mouse/bird isn’t a gift. Your cat is trying to teach you how to hunt and thinks you are a slow learner.
- Your dog is not always happy when he’s wagging his tail. Different tail wags have different meanings; if it’s up in the air while being wagged it means “Don’t mess with me” and if it’s lower it means he’s frightened.
- Your cat is not always happy when it’s purring. When your cat is purring it means it wants you to stick around.
- Your dog is yawning because it’s stressed, not tired.
- When your cat looks tired or bored it really means it is completely relaxed and trusts you completely.