Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: The River Tour comes to The Palace of Auburn Hills on April 14 and Bobby & Stacey are giving away tickets all this week at 7:10 a.m. to the winners of the Five Question Quiz.
You must successfully answer five questions in 25 seconds to win. Of course there will be at least one question about Bruce each morning.
Here are some Bruce Springsteen Fun Facts to help you prepare:
- In 1972, Springsteen saw the Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ image in a souvenir shop so he bought it and took it to Columbia Records and insisted that be the title and image on his first album.
- Bruce’s first wife, Julianne Phillips, and second wife, Patti Scialfa, are both in the Glory Days music video. Awkward.
- There is a comet named after him.
- Sesame Street created a Bruce parody character named Bruce Stringbean.
- After a 1976 concert in Memphis, Bruce was a little tipsy and went to Graceland at three a.m. He jumped the wall and ran to the front door where security grabbed him.
- When Bruce dissolved the E Street Band in 1989 he gave each member $2 million.
- Bruce sent a demo of Fire to Elvis Presley before he sent it to Robert Gordon, whose version was covered by The Pointer Sisters in 1979.
- When he was in the third grade a nun supposedly stuffed him into a garbage can and told him that’s “where he belonged.” Later, at Ocean County College, his fellow students petitioned to have him expelled.
- He grew up in Freehold, NJ near a Nestle’s factory and says he could smell the chocolate when the wind was right.
- There really is an E Street; it’s in Belmar, NJ. Bruce says the band used that name because keyboard player David Sancious’ mother lived there and let them practice in her house.
Tickets go on sale Friday February 5 HERE.
Find more info about the tour HERE.