If you’re dating or married to a deer hunter, you know right around November 15th, they disappear into the woods. If joining your man in the woods and hunting with him isn’t your thing, it can put some stress on a relationship. However, with a few helpful hints, deer season can bring happiness to you and your hunting guy.
1) Have a clear list of chores that must be done before he goes. The famous ‘Honey Do List’.
2) Make sure you have engagements that you both must attend put on the calendar. Communicate the most important dates during the season that cannot be missed. Most of the time those will be November 14th (the day before opening day of firearm season) through November 19th.
3) Celebrate deer season yourself with an entire weekend with your friends or take yourself shopping! Birch Run has a yearly deer widow weekend sale! More information can be found here: Deer Widow Weekend at Birch Run
4) Go easy on him! He’s gone which means more time for all the girly feel good Lifetime movies you can handle! Make some popcorn, put on Netflix and chill! You can watch whatever you want! Enjoy!
5) If your hunter hunts multiple seasons make sure you both make some weekends about your relationship. You need to be supportive but you also need quality time for the two of you.