farewell jt Goodbye Motown, It's Been A Blast!

Me at the goodbye breakfast!

I spent all of today’s show saying my goodbyes and having fun with callers.  People with kind words and great hopes for the future and that’s exactly what I have for you.

My wife, Kari, and I came here three years ago not knowing what to expect.  We leave knowing how wonderful the people and spirit of Motown and Michigan are.  The people of WOMC, CBS Radio and beyond.  We’ve made so many good friends like our neighbors Jim and Judy, Alex and the gang at his Troy Royal Grill and the list goes on and on.

A special shout out for the honor of following Dick Purtan and Purtan’s People for two years and being in studio when Dick hung up the headphones.  I’ll forever be the guy that was on the air when he signed off.  How cool is that?

All the best and keep the station rollin’ to Bobby Mitchell, Chuck Gaidica, Rachel Nevada, Dave Fuller, J J Walker, Boogie Bryan and Scott Moore.

Special thanks to my co-workers and bosses, Tim Roberts and Debbie Kenyon who have been stellar to work with and for.

Top of the list are you the listeners.  I hardly ever put this stuff in writing but you should know I leave WOMC as the Number 1 rated station during the workday.  I’ve had so much fun on the air here I can’t describe it.

Now… in case you missed it and are wondering who’ll be on while your working now?

[photogallerylink id=49017 align=left]

Comments (14)
  1. Rick McClenthen says:

Hey JT… I’ll miss your hearing your voice on the airwaves!!! Best of luck always!!!

2. JUDY VETTESE says:

IT WAS A GREAT PLEASURE LISTENING TO YOU EVERYDAY! GOING TO MISS YOU. BEST OF LUCK

3. Melissa Burzynski says:

I sure am going to miss hearing your voice 😦
    don’t go?

4. kathy says:

JT…Best of luck in all your endeavors. I live in Florida and listened to you out of Jacksonville. Then you went to my other favorite station. Sure am going to miss you!

5. Bob Bielinski says:

Good Luck JT. Thanks for all the fun entertainment and all the great prizes you gave away. I know I won prizes on your show at least 3 times. I hope you are going someplace warm. Have fun and God Bless.

6. Marty says:

Awwww, man. All my best. You’ll be missed.

7. Thom Paul says:

Only got to hear you a short time each day because of my job. but enjoyed. Good luck to you and your family.

8. Danny Pridmore says:

Good luck JT! you should have hired me when you had the chance!

9. patrica babat says:

good luck JT you will be missed had a great time listening to you have a great time in florida know you will be great good luck will miss hearing your voice don’t forget us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Paula says:

Best of luck in your new position in sunny Florida. I’ll miss hearing your every day. You made a big impact in Detroit radio in such a short time. Thanks so much for all you did. Sorry I won’t see you at the Dream Cruise this year.

11. Chris says:

JT: NICE HAT. BEST OF EVERYTHING TO YOU AND KARI.

12. "Boogie" Brian says:

Always sad to see a great talent leave the market…all I can say is it has been a awesome experiance working with you. All the best to you and yours, as your next new radio family awaits!

13. Nancy Pomper says:

JT, you will be missed alot. I loved listening to you and laugh many times with your humor. Good Luck on your next adventure.